Thursday 19 April 2012

The end is near...

Hello All!

Things have been moving fairly quickly now and the end of my trip is fast approaching.
Plans to the road have once again changed. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to cut Berlin out and head home early. This is not so bad as I have seen and done enough and it saves some money! ;)
This also means that I am coming home early!! So for the update...

But first I want to add something to the previous post. The photos of the grave look random, but that is the grave of Jim Morrison, the lead singer of the band The Doors... which was pretty cool!

Now for the update... The shooting... That was the best thing ever!! We finally got there after going throught the mountains and alone the smallest roads ever. We were then given the list of guns that we could choose from and it was like being a child in a candy store with too many things around you. I finally settled on a Glock handgun, a pump action shotgun and the all impressive AK!! We were then taken inside the range and started with the glock. The guy showed us how to load the bullets and the gun and how to fire the gun... the rest was up to us. I was up first and with the adrenaline pumping and excitment at its highest I stepped up, loaded the gun, aimed down range and slowly pulled the trigger. That fisrt shot was nothing like I ever expected! It was insane and so were the rest. Next up was the shotgun, which the guy said was their most powerful weapon... :O I even more nervously stepped up again and again he showed how to use the gun, this time showing how to brace for the recoil and kick of the gun lol!! I again loaded the gun, aimed down range, braced and slowly pulled the trigger.... What happened next is hard to describe and needs to be personally experienced as it was so insane but awesome!! Then came the AK... We shot this one lying down as the target was further away... The noise and power of that things was just as impressive and insane as the rest! It was definitely something I could have done all day lol!

The next day we left for home and had a stop over in the town of Leipzig, German for the night. The next morning we were up early and heading for home. Unfortunately an accident on the highway caused us to stand stil for 2 hours before being diverted. So after around 8 hours we were finally home though.

I then changed my ticket and booked a car to drive up to Geert. It was pretty wierd but cool to drive a car all by myself on the wrong side of the road!! I shall be staying here till Monday when I leave for home!! :)

So this will probably be the last post... I shall see you all when I am back!

Enjoy
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment